Citizens Medical Center Artist Exhibition
Artists are featured each month in the lobby area of Citizens Medical Center, in front of the gift shop. Art pieces stay on display for visitors to view and admire as they are visiting patience of the hospital. If you would like to be a guest artist on display at Citizens Medical Center please contact us.
Victoria Regional Airport
As a partnership with the Victoria Regional Airport, artists from the Victoria Art League will have art exhibits on display for travelers to view as they are either arriving or departing the airport. If you would like to have your art work on display, please contact Bill Bauer at 361-649-8309 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Devereux Foundation is a nonprofit behavioral health organization that operates programs and services in 11 U.S. states, working with children and adults with developmental disabilities, emotional and behavioral disorders, and mental illnesses. On the outskirts of Victoria is a Devereux campus that service young children suffering from mental illness. Because these kids live and go to school at this campus, they have little interaction with the outside world. My sister and I have committed to providing monthly visits to interact with the children and provide art projects in small groups. If you are interested in volunteering or providing art projects, contact James Clifton at 361-574-7225.
Mardi Draw Fundraiser
In the philanthropic spirit of Mardi Gras tradition, we would like to invite you to a reception honoring donors, art enthusiasts and the artist themselves for an evening of revelry and giving.
Mardi Draw, Victoria Art League’s first annual fundraising event to benefit the Healing Arts Scholarships for children and adults suffering from severe illnesses.
Join us for a night of jazz music, gumbo cuisine and a chance to “flash your art” for special beads if you purchase artwork that evening.
Come be a part of the Healing Art Krewe!
The Victoria Art League is completely operated by volunteers. We need your time and commitment to help us sustain operation so that our artist can continue to enjoy and have lasting experiences in the arts.
Get involved and volunteer in one of the following areas:
- Docent/Gallery Host – A docent is one who helps with the general day to day operations of the gallery. Training will be provided. We ask all the artist to commit to volunteering twice a month (Tuesday – Saturday, 1 pm – 5 pm).
- Membership – Collect membership information, manage records of members, create welcome packets for new members, work with telephone committee.
- Newsletter – Use your creative skills in sharing information through our monthly newsletter. Collect information, compile pictures, and share information with members.
- Hospitality – If you like to throw a party here is a volunteer spot for you! Coordinate social activities for the members throughout the year.
- Art Show Coordinator/Assistance – Each year the league host two art shows, Youth Art Show and a Fall Art Show. Help coordinate artist, displays, and judges for this special event.
- Market Days/Bazaar – assist in setting up displays, marketing, and recruiting volunteers to work one of our most profitable.
- Yearbook – Collecting information and working with membership chair in creating a newsletter that showcases the organization and is given to members. Need to be able to work with computer (Microsoft Word).
- Maintenance/Property Repairs – if you are a handy person in working with tools and could help with maintenance and repairs to the art league we could use your help!
- Workshop/Demonstration –Teach a skill or host a demonstration in your area of expertise.
- Artist-of-the-Month – schedule artist each month to participate hosting an exhibit in the gallery
- Community Outreach – coordinate exhibits with Citizens Medical Center, Victoria Regional Airport and any other locations that we can share artistic talents in the community.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us.
Film Exchange, in association with our new fiscal sponsor, The David Ross Fetzer Foundation for Emerging Artists are thrilled to have the opportunity to present the seventh annual Victoria TX Independent Film Festival, April 5th - 8th, in downtown Victoria, TX. VTXIFF is designed to inspire and champion independent artists, while introducing the community to the passionate work being done in independent cinema.
You can purchase tickets online or at the Welder Center location.
View the details of these films by visiting vtxiff.com.
Victoria Art League will be hosting films listed below. Come and visit us!
Purchase a $30 wrist band good for all screenings from April 5-8, 2018.
Purchase a $150 wrist band good for all screenings and VIP to all the social mixer events from April 5-8, 2018.
Friday, April 6
7:00pm - A series of short block films that range from 7-20 minutes long.
Zu Gast Bei Freunden
8:30pm - VIP Mixer (with a VIP bracelet you can take part in the social mixer on the patio at the Victoria Art League)
9:15pm - Omo Child
This film was brought here by one of our members, Dr. Buddy Lee.
Saturday, April 7
7:00pm - Animation Block films – these films are short, 7-20 minute length films.
Read more about each film at vtxiff.com.
What’s that in the Ground?
The Driver is Red
Our Wonderful Nature – The Common Chameleon
9:00pm - WTF short blocks will be showing. These films are short 7-20 minute films.
Bride of Frankie
We Are Outside Playing in the Garden
Employee of the Month
Quand Les Poules Ont Eu Des Dents – The Hen
Allen Anders-Live at The Comedy Castle (Circa 1987)