Artist of the Month
This is a special program used to recognize Victoria Art League members and their artistic creations. It is open to all participating Art League members regardless of their level of experience. The Victoria Art League will not be responsible for loss, theft or damage to any work displayed in the gallery.
Below are the guidelines:
- Must be a member of the Victoria Art League and have 10 hours of recorded volunteer hours serving VAL in the past six months.
- Art will be displayed on the four rolling panels in the Nichols Gallery.
- The four rolling panels will be available on the first day of the month and should be empty on the last day of the month.
- All aspects of visual art must be acceptable in a community art gallery environment open to the public.
- Artists are responsible for hanging and taking down artwork.
- Display area should be maintained in a presentable manner throughout the show.
- We do not require that all artwork be framed. We do, however, expect that the artwork will be presented in an attractive, artistic manner.
- Artists are encouraged to host a special reception to promote their exhibit at his/her own expense and must be scheduled with the Victoria Art League. Such reception would be the responsibility of the artist and would need to be scheduled with the Victoria Art League.
- VAL will promote the artist through the website, Facebook, newsletter, etc.
- The artist is welcome to add additional promotion of his/her works at their own expense.
- Sales of the displayed artwork will be processed using the same guidelines that are used for all other gallery sales.
Artist of the Month for September, 2019
Since childhood Marsha Gibson has wanted to express herself artistically. She found her voice as a nature and landscape fine art photographer. In 2007, Marsha purchased her first Nikon DSLR digital camera and joined the DeWitt County Shutterbugs Photography Club. That same year she won Best of Show for her photo of Utah’s Delicate Arch in Victoria Camera Club’s Contest. Inspired, Marsha continued learning everything she could about photography via workshops, reading countless books and pursuing online instruction.
Marsha currently exhibits at the Cuero Regional Hospital, Cuero’s Country Club and several private collections. She also displays her work at the Rockport Center for the Arts, Corpus Christi Art Center as well as other regional venues. Marsha’s numerous awards over the years are a testament to her much-appreciated talent.
Marsha is especially fond of photographing Texas landscape. And, whether her subject is coastal waters and seabirds, country roads framing brilliant wildflowers or, the autumnal glory of the Hill country, Marsha’s discerning eye lovingly captures our state’s beauty. Marsha believes her images begin as whispers through her camera lens and further take shape through the magic of her digital darkroom. She is a member of the Corpus Christi Art Center, the Rockport Center for the Arts, the Victoria Art League, and the Shutterbugs Photography club as well as numerous museums in the area. Prints of Marsha’s work, (please see below) can be purchased by contacting this special artist at email@example.com www.MarshaGibsonPhotography.com
The public is invited to attend a reception for Marsha on Monday, September 9 at 7:00 pm.
The Victoria Art League is open and free to the public every Tuesday through Saturday from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.