Policies and Procedures
Showing in the Gallery:
- Artwork Rules
- An artist must be a member of the Victoria Art League to show in the Nichols Gallery.
- There is no limitation on the type of art that may be displayed except that it be suitable for family audience. Accepted artwork in the gallery is the following: photography, pottery, jewelry, woodcraft, ceramics, stained glass, greeting cards, various painting mediums, or other similar forms of artwork are accepted.
- Submitting and Fees:
- Free to all VAL members to display, all art must be for sale.
- All artwork must be recorded in the Gallery Display notebook. Once item is sold or removed from gallery, this must be noted in Gallery Display notebook.
- Any art sold, VAL will receive 20% donations of sale price.
- VAL collects state sales tax on all items sold.
- Framing and Hanging
- All artwork must be ready to hang (we do not supply hanging materials)
- The art must be framed except for gallery wraps. Unframed artwork is displayed in display racks.
- Artwork will hang for approximately 3 months. A piece may be rehung if space is available.
- The Art League policy states that the Art League is not responsible for any loss or damage to artwork.