- This event has passed.
2021 Spring Art Contest Submission
April 16 @ 1:00 pm - April 17 @ 7:00 pm$5
We can’t wait to see what you enter for the Youth Art Show!
K-12 welcomed to enter!
2021 Youth Art Show
Show Comittee: Chairman: Claire Santellana [email protected] or 719-722-4115
- Entries will be accepted Friday and Saturday, April 16th and 17th from , 1 – 7 PM
- Hanging of the show will take place th 18th and 19th.
- Judging will take place Monday, April 19th.
- For drop off concerns regarding COVID, please reach out to Claire Santellana
∙ Reception and awards ceremony will be at 2 pm, Saturday, April 24th.
The public is invited so feel free to bring your family and friends!
- The show will hang until May 20th.. Youth artists and teachers need to
pick up art work between 1 and 7 on Friday and Saturday May 21st and 22nd
- Entries not picked up by the end of May will be disposed of at the discretion of the Victoria Art League.
****Rules & Regulations – Rules must be followed for entries to be accepted!
- Youth K-12 may enter 2 pieces of artwork. Entry fee is $5 per piece of artwork.
- Fill out one (1) registration form.
- Fill out two (2) ID tags for each piece of artwork. A tag for the front and one for the back.
This may be done ahead of time or at the VAL registration desk. See page 2 for example.
- No copying or tracing. Creativity is encouraged.
- Art work concept, design, and execution must be the original work of the student artist.
- Teachers and Parents: please do not enter works that you have physically aided the student with. Verbal directions and advice are certainly allowed. Class assignments are allowed.
- No bought kits or crafts allowed.
- ****IMPORTANT**** Youth 2-D art work must be matted and mounted on a sturdy backing (stiff cardboard or foam board for example, mats may be poster board). A wire hanger or string must be attached across the back.
- Framed art work with a wire hanger is acceptable..
- ****No sawtooth hangers! Work will not be accepted with sawtooth hangers or small tab hangers.
Art work will not be accepted if not properly prepared for hanging and display.
Download the PDF at the bottom of the page for more details.
How to Mat and Hang your ART for the show:
- Wire hangers and string need to be securely attached- do not use tape! Due to humidity, tape does not hold. Hot glue is excellent for attaching string for hanging.
BACK of Art- Stiff Cardboard backing with hot glue FRONT of Art- Mat
attaching string or wire ( No Tape!) ID card attached to bottom right corner
- Maximum outside dimensions are 24” x 36” – this includes the mat size.
- Paintings on gallery wrapped canvas (1″- 3″ thick stretched canvas that does not have staples on the sides) do not need a frame or mat, but must be painted on all sides and have a wire hanger. 🡺Canvas boards must have an appropriate hanger as pictured above.
- 3-D -Three dimensional pieces must be able to be moved easily by two people and must be sturdy enough for transport. The Victoria Art League is not responsible for any damages that may incur during the show.
- Youth artists may choose to sell their work but must have a parent signature on the entry form.
Art Categories Accepted
- Drawing: Includes any single or mixed combination of charcoal, pencil, colored pencil, scratchboard, marker, crayon, pastel, and ink. Charcoals and pastels must have a fixative applied.
- Painting: Includes any single or mixed combination of oil, acrylic, watercolor, and tempera
- Mixed Media: Combining two or more different media in a work of art less than 1.5″ in depth.
- Photography Includes Photographs and Digitally Enhanced Photographs.
- Printmaking: linoleum block, styrofoam block, lithograph, screen print
- Sculpture: Sculptures may be made from any 3-D materials but must be sturdy enough for transport and must be easily moved by two people.
- Mixed Media: 3-D combinations of materials 1.5″ or more in depth.
- No bought kits or crafts allowed!
- Best of Show Elementary Student Entry: $50
- Best of Show Middle School Entry: $50
- Best of Show High School Entry: $50
- Ribbons will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Honorable Mentions.
You can also download the rules here
Sign up Here!