Fall Art Show 2021
October 1 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm$10 – $30
>>>>>Sign Up HERE<<<<<<
$1000 Prize for Best in Show
$250 First Place Prizes for each category (Categories must have a minimum of 5 entries. If less than 5 entries, A first place ribbon will be given. Your art will still be eligible for Best In Show.
- The VAL Fall Art Show is for adult artists only (18 years or older)
- Entries will be accepted September 26th and 27th from 2pm-7pm
- The artwork will be hung September 28th
- The show will be judged September 29th-30th
- Fall Art Show Reception will be October 1st from 5:30-7:30
- Show will hang through October 17th
- Artists will pick up artwork either October 17th 2-7pm, October 18th 2-7pm and/or must make arrangements with Claire Santellana (719-722-4115) by October 15th before 5pm.
ENTRY FEES (maximum 3 Entries per Artist)
- Victoria Art League Members- $20.00 for each piece of artwork
- Non-members- $30 for each piece of artwork
- Senior Members – $10 for each piece of artwork
- Senior NON-Members – $15 for each piece of artwork
- Become a member and receive a 50% membership discount and automatically receive Member pricing when you sign up! (Already built in the form. Select the options to enroll and automatically receive a discount)
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Artist may enter up to but no more than three (3) entries per category
- Artwork concept, design, and execution must be the original artwork of the artists; by definition “original artwork” must be the end result of the submitting artist’s original idea or design.
- Artwork may not be copied or made by using another artist’s concept or design
- Artwork created in a workshop may receive verbal assistance from instructors, or friends but no physical aid or work can be done on the artwork entered. The artist’s idea, subject, or concept must be his/her own and not that of the instructors.
- Artwork must have been completed within the last 5 years
- Artwork that has been awarded a prize in previous VAL judged show may not be entered again
- Two-dimensional entries must be either framed, or displayed as gallery wrapped stretchers. They must have a wire hanger (no saw-tooth hangers)
- Glass or plexiglass is required except for oil or acrylic paintings and varnished/sealed artworks.
- Artists who choose to sell their work will give 25% of the sale price to VAL
- All artwork must remain in the VAL Gallery until the end of the show (November 14th)
- All ribbons and awards may not be given in every category. Decision of the judge is final.
- An entry that is not sealed securely, is too fragile, or is unsuitably finished for gallery display may be excluded by the hanging committee.
- Best of Show: $1000 plus a scholarship for a VAL membership in their name to a deserving artist in our community
- 1st place in each category: $250 + ribbon
- Peoples Choice: $50. A visitor may vote once each time they come to see the show until it closes on the 14th.
ART DIVISIONS & CATEGORIES
Divisions for this show include:
- Novice Artist: An artist who has worked in the art medium for less than 5 years as self-study or under the guidance of an instructor, and has no commercial sales. Artists who are well versed in numerous media might not be considered a Novice.
- Advanced Artist: An artist who has at least 5 years experience in the medium and/or has had commercial sales
Each division will be subdivided into the following categories for competition and judging:
- Digital Drawing
- 3d/sculpture (all mediums: wood, metal, clay, etc.)
- Fiber Arts
- Mixed Media